There are so many great reasons to start RideSharing!
By changing your solo driving to work routine even one day a week, you can save money, reduce air pollution, and minimize your personal carbon footprint.
RideShare assists commuters by providing free carpool ridematching services, a subsidized vanpool program, transit solutions, regional support for bicycling and walking, and information about working from home. Pick a style that suits you best, or try a few of them!
- Save money. As gas prices fluctuate, ridesharing can make good economic sense.
- Reduce stress. Nothing raises blood pressure like bumper-to-bumper traffic.
- Save time. Carpools and vanpools can get you to work and back faster by using HOV (high occupancy vehicle) lanes.
- Stay healthy. Biking or walking to work can help you stay fit and reduce stress.
- Clean the air. A solo driver who changes their 20-mile round trip commute to transit can reduce their carbon emissions by 4,800 lbs. per year.
- Recapture some time. Relax, catch up on reading. Being a passenger can improve your quality of life.
- Check out our Commute Cost Calculator to see how much you are spending on gas per trip.
- View convenient Park & Ride Lots in the San Benito County area.
For more commuter information, call 831-637-POOL (7665) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.